Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Where the Moss Hangs Low and You Might Get Charged by an Elk....

Hello again, I know soon isn't it!

We had a wonderful time in Olympic NP these past two days, and the weather was CLEAR and WARM!!!!  Which, if you know anything at all about the Pacific Northwest, having a clear day is a BIG deal!   It was like God wanted me there...he works in mysterious ways you know....

So, Olympic National Park-  very convoluted in the way you get around it, but what you do see of it will blow your socks off!  The moss and the size of the trees will amaze you, and if this thing uploads before I post tonight, you will get to see my pictures too...

We went to Sol Duc Falls the first day, which are in the photos.  These falls are quite impressive, but there spray is totally massive- they keep the bridge next to it completely wet year round.  And I can only imagine the plants that inhabit the spray area and no where else- diversity is always a good thing!

Today we explored the Hoh Rainforest (Yes you pronounced it correctly)- yes this is the name, and yes we have had as fun much fun with it as you can imagine!   But, in all seriousness, the rainforest is a place that is filled with awesome sites in every step you take- the amount of moss alone overwhelmed me!  And the streams there are so clear and filled with a aquatic plant that has such a fascinating look to it in the water- I could watch it all day!

Well, the battery is dying, I will post some pics in the morning- goodnight!!!

EBS

No comments:

Post a Comment