Thursday, June 10, 2010

San Francisco!

Hello all,

I am writing to you from the comfort of my tent on a beautiful summer day here in San Francisco!!!  And I do mean beautiful!!  It was 72 today with a low of 56 tonight, and perfectly clear days from now until Sunday!  (I know that is a lot of exclamation in one paragraph, but after the rain we had, the exclamation is needed!)

This morning we leisurely took out time getting things together to head down here from Eureka.  That was one of the best mornings yet, except for the last minute oil filter change....but it was necessary.

(OK I have to stop here and tell you all that Josh just found a mole and is obsessing about the mole capping off his mole hill after he removed the dirt from it.)

Anywhoos....

So we got on the road and drove through some more nasty weather for about an hour, until we finally saw it- THE SUN!  Yes, gleaming there in the skies above California, was the sun!  That was the most magical part of the day, and then it the temperatures went up to 70!  Needless to say I felt closer to heaven at that moment.

Then we started going through the rolling mountains and hills lining the PCH (pacific coast highway).  This highway is soooo beautiful, and mostly well maintained!   The views are breathtaking, even when it was cloudy and rainy on the northern coast, I can't describe it in words.  One of my favorite parts of the trip so far.

Then we started getting into wine country, and I have never seen more vineyards in my life.  I don't know if we will be able to go to any, but we are in Petaluma, CA right next to Sonoma and Napa...so we'll see!   I saw a vineyard guide and all the cheap wines are here, like the beringers and the oak leafs and such- like grandma's Koolaid!

We went into San Fran for a little bit to see if we could camp at the Golden Gate National Rec Area, but all of the campsites were taken:(...

But I did get to see the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz and a really good view of the city!!! So excited for tomorrow!!!

If any of you have suggestions on where to go please send them to me before 10 am Pacific time tomorrow!!

Until then this is where I was thinking of going- any of these might happen, and I know I won't get to a lot of them-


1. Ghirardelli
2. Golden Gate Park
3. Alcatraz
4. the Seashore
5. Golden Gate National Rec Area- Lighthouses and such here

So there's that, we'll see if we can do any of that tomorrow!

Until then here are some pics for you all to look at (OMG I just heard a peacock somewhere around our KOA- their scream used to be an ill omen to people- I can see why, very creepy sounds from those birds!) Here is the link to the pics- HERE

See ya lata,


EBS

No comments:

Post a Comment