Saturday, May 29, 2010

Pictures! And We Made it to Wyoming!!


Hello all, again!!



Here are some links to my facebook pictures for those of you who don't have FB:  

St. Louis: Here
Pics from the Road (these are random and I will try to caption them all, at least the ones that aren't self explanatory: Here

We ended up in Wyoming today- LOL I am saying it like I didn't think we would make it- and I have to say that this state is beautiful in every direction!!  Sagebrush fields have to be some of the prettiest things in this country, and some people think that they are just land that could be used for something else.  Why can't land just be land?  I will never understand the massive need to develop something even though no one will use it.  The good thing about Wyoming is that no one wants to develop it, because it is so wild and desolate!  And I for one am thankful for it!! 

The downside to the whole was the wind that we drove through, and yes it was worse that the wind we encountered coming through NE!!  It was bad, so bad that the gov't had erected wind barriers to break up the gusts all along I-80 and Hwy. 287 in WY.

But we are here in Dubois, WY, which is an awesome place if you ever get a chance to visit.  The people are nice, and the KOA here is one of the best I have ever seen, very clean and kept up.  (The showers are tiled, this is a big deal in case you are wondering!)  We are staying in a cabin tonight, because when we got here it started to snow/sleet!!!  We were going to rough it in the car, but we found out that we could pay 20 buccks more for the heated cabin, and have a place to charge our electronics.  

SO, in short, I will be owning a summer property in WY sometime in the future, so make your plans now to visit me in the solitude!  

We will be headed to Grand Teton National Park tomorrow, and weather channel says it will be our only clear day :(.  I wish that it could be 75 degrees and sunny, but I guess I am gonna have to settle for 56 and slightly snowy.....

Talk to y'all soon (that is if I have Internet!), 

EBS


No comments:

Post a Comment