Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Exodus from the South!

Hello again!

I can't believe that the day has finally arrived! Yes! We are leaving tomorrow for the Grand Tetons, but we are going to take our time in getting there. We are leaving about 3 days early after all!

So, while I am sitting here typing away to you all, my roommate, Josh, is driving back from Clinton, SC(met his mom there) with the camera battery charger that he forgot back home. Yeah that pretty much describes our day.......except for BAKED ALASKA!!!!

If you folks from this part of the world have never had this wonderful dessert, you have not imbibed a small piece of heaven that God left on the Earth! Needless to say, we went up to Josh's grandparents house today to have a lovely meal with his family- some might deem it "The Last Supper", but that was hardly the case (and shame on you if you don't think that I can't cook out in the wilderness!)

It was actually surprise Baked Alaska, which is the best Baked Alaska of them all because you weren't expecting to get such a gracious gift! Josh's grandmother had been secretly slaving away all of TWO days to make this for us! Just amazing! She is an artist, and her canvas is meringue!

OK enough about that deliciousness,

So we will be leaving a little before 8 in the morning to avoid the traffic dash to work, and I believe that we are heading up to I-26 and then on to I-40. (I just can't wait until we meet that road called I-don'tknowwherethehellIam) I am giving this trip an open mind, and I hope to experience different parts of our American culture- I will be sure to tell you about the real winners out there as I encounter them....

SO, I will not be posting tomorrow morning, mostly because I will probably be wetting my pants with excitement and running on no sleep, but wasn't that most of college anyway?

Sorry for all the Biblical references in this post, been praying a lot lately for safety, and I hope that you are sending then up for us too!!

See you guys on the internet! (probably from a Days Inn somewhere in western Tennesee or Arkansas, lol)

- EBS

PS- My e-mail addresses are below if any of you want to ask questions or stuff like that!

--
Eric Shealy
Clemson University
Environmental Horticulture
ebsheal@g.clemson.edu
greeneryisforme@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment